Friday, December 22, 2017

Oak Island Treasure! - Treasure Lead #1



I said I'd reveal some of the leads in future blog postings, and I will reveal one in this posting.

Treasure comes in various forms, though typically people generally first think of pirate treasure chests overflowing with golden doubloons and precious jewels.

Being that I am landlocked, finding pirate treasure is unlikely. Yes, even though I am a 15 minute drive from Oak Island, I am nowhere near potential pirate treasure....  

Mainly because it is the wrong Oak Island. I am nearly 4000 KMS away from the right Oak Island, where the Oak Island Treasure is purported to be, and the location where "The Curse Of Oak Island" is shot. 

Don't get me wrong, there is potential to be some sort of treasures around the area of the nearby Oak Island...but certainly no pirate treasure. There is a prehistoric buffalo jump near there, and it was a Metis stronghold where Louis Riel may have stayed on his journey across the province.

History is important in the search for treasure.

 It is entangled with every treasure.

And one of the treasures I seek is part of history.

Specifically, part of the early history of the Canadian Pacific Railway's venture to link the country together with many miles of cold steel. 

As some not well known local lore states, there was a steam locomotive travelling down the tracks, and it hit a spot where the track had been built over what turned out to be quicksand once the ground thawed. Reaching this point of the tracks, the locomotive lurched to one side, tipped over and slowly sunk into the quicksand. 

I believe I have identified the most likely location of this long lost piece of important railroad history.

My research indicates the rail line was moved somewhat from it's original position in the area, which puts the age of this locomotive at about 125 to 131 years.

Now all I need to confirm or disprove my hunch is GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar)....not a cheap device.

So, without that equipment, proving the locomotive's location is not within my grasp.

Anyone happen to have some GPR lying around they'd like to contribute to the cause? 











No comments:

Post a Comment